The Liebster Awards are a way of uniting smaller, lesser known bloggers (with less than 1000 followers) and encouraging them to keep on going, to persevere and continue to write. I have actually done this once before, but I love answering questions and doing "tags" so I'm going to do it again...Why not?!
There are 11 questions that I get to answer, then 11 facts, and then I get to tag 5 bloggers to do this challenge too, and set them questions of my own, so lets get down to it!!
1. Why did you start blogging?
In all honesty, I don't know what prompted me to start to write, but my descision came out of a bad place, a place where I felt isolated, due to panic attacks, anxiety and some would probably say depression too... I was on my laptop in bed late one night and I stumbled onto Blogspot, and that was it. I had found beauty blogs before that, in passing (the likes of Audrey come to mind) but I never made the connection that maybe I could do it too. When I started writing, I made a pact with myself that I would keep it up until I got better, whenever that was. I never thought people would want to read my silly little words, but here I am, running this blog, and co-running Mental Health Monday with my good friend and fellow tough chick, Kayliegh!
Blogging proved to be the best medicine for me, because now I'm so much happier, more level and more confident than I've ever been in my whole life.
2. Where do you like to shop?
I like to shop in a lot of places, because I don't seem to have a definite style. With that said, I pick up my basics in Penneys, so, jeans, tank-tops, tights, some shoes and some dresses. I think Penneys have improved in their quality a lot in recent months, and their sizes are pretty good too, especially since they started carrying a UK6!!
I also like to shop in New Look, River Island, Topshop, Charity shops, Elverys, and in smaller boutique type shops!
3. Do you think that the more money you pay means you get a better product?
Generally, I think that you get what you pay for. When it comes to handbags, wallets and shoes I am willing to shell out for a quality item. With that said, there is an exception to every rule, and that exception is River Island purses. I wouldn't be bothered to part with €30 for another wallet, even though I loved my cream leather one. Still wouldn't buy one from Penneys, though!!
4. Do you plan out your posts? How?
Yes. I plot out my posts in a notebook, in bullet points and then I take and edit the pictures before I do out a finished post. This post is actually being written from notes jotted in a notebook over the weekend. :)
5. What magazines do you read the most?
Generally I treat myself to one magazine a week. It used to be Cosmopolitan or Glamour, but lately I've been leaning towards U and Look as cheaper alternatives. As an archer, I read a specialized magazine called Bow International. Finally, as a music fan, I pick up Metal Hammer, Kerrang and Rock sound from time to time!
6. How do you store your products?
I am a bit of a neat-freak, so my make-up storage is pretty well organized. I have a whole video about it, which I will link here.
7. How do you take your Summer wardrobe into Autumn/Winter?
I'm less of a "transitional" wardrobe person, and more of a seasonal storage type. When I have to transition pieces, I use tights and knee-high socks to do so, as well as woolies, and layers. As far as colors go, I am always inclined to deep berry tones, creams and festive prints like Fairisle. Boots are also a big thing for me, and I'm thinking of investing in a pair of knee-high Dr Martens for the Autumn/Winter season.
8. What are your favorite accessories?
I'm a big fan of necklaces. Statement necklaces are my go to accessory, as a general rule. My favorite of all these is my gunmetal, drop stud necklace that I wore to Chris's college ball this year. I also have a penchant for chunky silver rings. If it looks like it would hurt if I punched you, I'll pop that sucker on my finger!! :D
9.What part of your appearance do you spend the most time and focus on?
This one is a difficult question for me. I spend a fair bit on my appearance because I feel like the one friend everyone has that never looks as good as the rest of the friend group. I can spend anything up to an hour on my face, and there has not yet been a timer patient enough to record my efforts at picking out a warm but stylish outfit.
10. Where do you get inspiration from, for your blog-posts?
Another toughie! I find inspiration in the STRANGEST places, a passing thought when I'm sick, a converstation with Chris, a photo on Pinterest, books, magazines, YouTube, friends, even just walking down the street. I keep a notebook on me at all times, or my phone at a push and I jot down all of my notions and possible blog topics as they occur to me.
I also will plot out posts when I'm in a situation wherein I cant post a blog with ease. I like to keep on top of my blogging as best I can.
11. What advice would you give to other bloggers?
Don't change unless its coming from you. Do not let ANYONE change you. You are brilliant and so is your blog. The only change that should happen is organic change, you decided and nobody else. Once you are proud of what your blog is about, don't worry about it. My blog started as a personal blog and naturally progressed into a beauty blog, while still maintaining personal elements!
And now, 11 facts:
- I am 100% more comfortable in my own skin since I cut my hair.
- Sour Patch Watermelons are my favorite sweets.
- Lyons Tea is the best tea ever and as such, I refuse to drink Barry's.
- I still sleep with my childhood bear.
- When I knit, I look like I'm going to injure myself or others, but I can crochet no bother!
- I have 2 national medals from the Irish Amateur Archery Association, Silver for outdoors, bronze for indoor, both from 2 years ago.
- I have three tattoos, and I'm planning my fourth.
- I'm the youngest of 4 daughters; a thirteen year gap separates me and the next sister.
- I've been going out with Chris for two and a half years and I've never felt more safe and happy with someone.
- I am weird and I am not afraid to show it. By that I mean I will dance in public, and say random crap. You have been warned.
- I'm lactose intolerant. SOY ALL THE WAY!!
- What does your blog mean to you?
- Who knows about your blog? Friends? Family?
- What is your "go to" outfit for a night out?
- What is the post you are most proud of and why? Add a link to it.
- What is your favorite pair of shoes, and why?
- Have you any guilty pleasures?
- Who is your favorite author?
- What do you scrimp on, and what do you splurge on?
- Current obsession?
- Tough chick, or damsel in distress? Explain your choice.
- What does your happy place look like?
Laura - My Little World
Natasha - Natasha's Wonderland
Hannah- A Bullet To The Head
Clara- Pinkies Blog
Mags- Magatha May
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post. (You can copy and paste them from here.)
Once you have written your post, and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)