How many of you would say your favorite time of year is Spring/Summer? My guess is a lot. I however, fall into that minority of people who love Autumn and Winter. I adore this time of year. While I don't care terribly for Hallowe'en or Christmas, I cant get enough of the weather, the atmosphere in the run up to Christmas, the weather and the wardrobe.
I have been stocking up on Autumn lip products in the last few weeks, so I'm going to give you a run down of what I will be rocking until at least next January!!
- Crush 005 has been a faithful companion of mine during the last year, and it's so fall appropriate!
It's a beautiful reddish-purple berry color that can be worn sheer, or built up to a more opaque, full coverage.
- Romantic 045 is a very new purchase, but I bought it because its a sheer red tone that makes your lips look as though you have just bitten them! Again you can build the intensity up to suit your needs, be it for daytime or nighttime wear.
This one will easily be a Festive Favorite come December!
- Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet 040. I am in love with this Lip Butter.
It couldn't be more Autumnal but it is also festive so will see me through to Christmas with ease! As with the Kissable Balm Stains, the Colorburst Lip Butters are pigmented and hydrating, providing beautiful color with ultimate comfort.
€11.20 in Boots, currently Buy One Get One Half Price
|24hr Absolute Plum|
- Super Stay 24hr Lip Colors are my "Go To" for when I'm visiting Chris, because they do exactly what they say on the tube. The staying power on these babies is in-credible!! I don't know why I don't have more of these guys knocking about in my lipstick basket, to be quite honest! My Autumn shade is 340 Absolute Plum. It's a gorgeous purple with a red undertone. It pretty much looks like the inside of a ripe plum. Yummy!
- Color Sensational in 338 Midnight Plum is a gorgeous shimmering purple shade, that goes on quite sheer. This would be good if you were nervous about rocking an opaque purple lip as you ease yourself into Autumn and Winter. I like!
- Ultimate Shine Gel Lip Colour in 010 Love's Di-Wine is a beautiful, high gloss lipstick in a sheer red berry shade.
If you were trying to rock a Lily Collins-esque, glam red carpet look, then look no further! Catrice Lipsticks have fabulous staying power and this is no exception! This particular shade is heralded as a dupe for Nars Flamenco, if that tickles your pickle!
- Ultimate Colour in 160 Tell Me A Berry-Tale (discontinued).
I feel like a right tease for including this but I picked this up at the end of spring, before The Great Gatsby was released, and I think its a perfect Autumnal, deep purple berry colour. I can't get over it. It's so bold but somehow muted, suiting a glam, understated night look perfectly.
- Ultimate Colour in 270 Matt-Erial Girl. I have received so many compliments on this shade that it makes my head spin.
This is probably the brightest of all the lipsticks featured, but its beautiful and fun for the coming season. I've actually fallen so hard for this I've bought extra tubes for when Catrice inevitable discontinue it.
- Ultimate Colour in 220 Step Red Up. Finally we have a red lip! Finally!!
This lipstick is a very vampy red, so tread lightly. As with all of the Ultimate Colour range, it's seriously pigmented and opaque, so not for the faint of heart. This would be stunning at a Christmas party with a simple eye look and your classic LBD.
My personal favorites of all of these picks, would have to be the Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet, and the Catrice Ultimate Colour in Matt-Erial Girl. With that said though, I adore the whole list from top to bottom!
What do you think? Have you any recommendations for other brands I've missed out on? Drop me a comment down below!