I tend to bring items that can multi task, from neutral to night out and not take an age to apply. In order of my own application, these are...
|The contents of my travel make-up kit|
- Moisturiser: Garnier Pure Skin Shine Control Lotion
- Primer: W7 Prime Magic Anti-Redness
- Foundation: Rimmel Stay Matte in 010 Light Porcelain
- Concealer: Seventeen Phwoarr Paint in Fair
- Contour: Seventeen Define and Conquer Contour Kit
- Powder: Catrice Prime and Fine Translucent Loose Powder
- Blush: Sleek Rose Gold
- Highlight: Seventeen Define and Conquer
- Eye Base: Essence I Heart Stage
- Shadow Palette: W7 Lightly Toasted
- Liner: Rimmel Exxagerate Liquid Liner
- Mascara: W7 Absolute Lashes
- Brows: Maybelline Brow Drama- Medium Brown
- Setting Spray: Urban Decay All Nighter
- Lips: A pinky nude (MAC Creme Cup), a bold pink (Essence Dare to Wear) or a red (RimmelXKate 01)
The lipsticks are not photographed because they change depending on the person. If this were your starting point to pack up a kit to travel, I wouldn't expect you to bring the lipsticks I bring!
The brushes I bring with me are much less extensive than my make-up. I bring the very basics, because if it comes down to it, I can live without contour, or 5 eyeshadow colours blended together. It's all the one to me. Once I feel like I look good, I'll be happy, whether or not that means I need 1001 brushes is totally arbitrary to the cause. What I always bring with me are:
- Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (O)
- Real Techniques Contour Brush (O)
- Real Techniques Powder Bush (O)
- Real Techniques Blush Brush (Pi)
- Real Techniques Base Shadow and Deluxe Crease Brush (Pu)
- Essence Pencil Brush (Bl)
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (O)
With these products and brushes, I can be up, done and ready to go in less than 30 minutes! Not bad for the girl who when she's at home with all her products and an ocean of choice can't be ready in under an hour some days! Nifty!
What do you carry in your travel make-up bag?
Let me know some of your choice items!